Friday, March 8, 2013

Clouds!






Again, making up for lost time in the last 2 years of not blogging, I thought I'd mention that I've been taking pictures of clouds for the past couple of years.  I love texture, and here in Michigan especially in the winter, we get a lot of WEATHER and we have a lot of clouds and a lot of rippley textured clouds. 

I told my friend, Bethany, about my cloud photographing and she let me borrow her Cloud Collector's Handbook by Gavin Pretor-Pinney filled with every kind of cloud possible and its classificiation.  She even gave me a membership in the Cloud Appreciation Society (www.cloudappreciationsociety.org) for Christmas.  Pretor-Pinney is member #1, of course, and I'm member 32,134.  Maybe someday I'll get to go to a cloud convention!

My plan is to print them onto either plastic or sheer fabric.  I already did it by making a color copy (at Kinkos or Staples) on acrylic transparencies (used for overhead projectors) and cut them into strips and then rewove them.  It was a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment