Saturday, April 25, 2015

New Dolls at Synchronicity Gallery, Glen Arbor, Michigan

"Woman in Striped Halo"
by Jennifer Gould
"Woman in Striped Halo"
by Jennifer Gould


"Woman in 3D Flowers" by
Jennifer Gould


I sent off my newest group of 15 dolls to Synchronicity yesterday and look forward to them coming out of the box into the light, again.  I try to develop a new series each year for this gallery and, although I have used this design before, I've never used embroidery pieces on them.

I call this new series my Imaginary Friends because of the quirkiness of their individual characters.  When I find myself laughing as I make one or when it's finished, I know I've done a good job.  I often have people walk into my booth at shows and start laughing--- definitely a good sign!

"Purple Spotted Sister #1"
by Jennifer Gould

"Blue Faced Woman with
Yellow Legs" by
Jennifer Gould
"Pink Woman with Green Leaves"
by
Jennifer Gould




I decided to use a lot of my little hand embroideries in composition with their odd bodies.  The faces are all from a piece of Nuno Co. (Tokyo) sheer fabric I bought there in 2005 that has 20-30 different faces.

Synchronicity Gallery is in Glen Arbor, Michigan, (6671 Western Ave, Glen Arbor, MI 49636
(231) 334-4732) and open for it's summer run on Mother's Day, May 9 and is usually open until the end of October.  Glen Arbor is a lovely little resort town on Lake Michigan almost due west of Traverse City that has many wonderful galleries and stores for visitors.   Visit their website at www.synchronicityartgallery.com.

Woman with 3D Flowers by
Jennifer Gould



1 comment: