Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Embroidered Collages: Small is good!

I have been working on small pieces, as well as dolls, and love the ability to take pieces from my tubs of handprinted, dyed and painted scraps to make what I am calling Improvisational Embroidered Collages.  Taking one piece that looks inspiring and adding it to another with stitching satisfies that part of me that can't through away anything, especially fabric that I've worked to hand dye, print, paint or embellish.  These are my most recent pieces:

Jennifer Gould "Purple Clouds on the Horizon,"  8" x 6", synthetics, cotton; deconstructed screen printing (DSP), rubbing, printing, stamping, embroidery





Jennifer Gould "Radiating Spiral," 5" x 7.5", Indian dyed/printed cotton, synethics, sheers; stenciling, fine line printing, hand and machine embroidery
,

Jennifer Gould, "Out There," 6" x 11", cotton, synthetics; hand printed,
stamped, drawn, embroidered





No comments:

Post a Comment