Friday, September 8, 2017

Latest Dolls


Faery Godmother of Odd 1
by Jennifer Gould
My latest blog follower, Sheryl, reminded me that I hadn't posted anything all summer...  I met her and friend, Pam, at the Holland Area Arts Council this week.  A totally serendipitous meeting as Pam had just been talking about me (my ears weren't burning at all) and the dolls I make.  And then we met!

So I had to show them the dolls that I had with me for show 'n tell at my Lakeshore Fiber Arts Guild meeting that evening at HAAC.  I asked them to help me come up with titles for the dolls because I was really stumped.  Sheryl's suggestions worked for all three.  (I think I added the "Odd" part since they have fins in back and aren't your typical godmother, even a fairy one.)   THANK YOU, SHERYL!

These dolls are hopefully going to be in the "Small Works" exhibit at the Northville Art House (Northville, Michigan; Northville Art House) because they are small, only 8" tall, and the requirement is that a piece can only be 12" in any direction.

I made the first one in 2014 on a lark, just making a small pyramid doll with some recent hand printed fabric.  The new item was to add feet.  The feet are difficult to make BUT the worst part is attaching them and getting the Faery Godmother to stand.

When I was at the Art House last June for the opening of a show I was in with Boisali Biswas (Confluence:  Fiber Art and Mixed Media--- a fabulous show that we both loved doing together), I saw the card for this upcoming exhibit and immediately thought of this doll and adding another figure or two.

I made two more with one much taller (but still a lot shorter than 12") than the first two, and later decided to have two entries rather than just one with the three figures.

Here's hoping they'll be in the Small Works exhibit Nov. 3-Dec. 16, 2017!

Faery Godmother of Odd 2
by Jennifer Gould




Dragon Lady
by Jennifer Gould









No comments:

Post a Comment