Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's been a long time! Dolls & textiles the past 2 years

Scroll #1: Flowers
It is amazing but true.  It's been almost 2 years since my last post!  I think life must have just gotten too complicated and, since I still have dial-up, loading pictures and "talking" probably seemed to take too long.  

Anyway, my friends (both guild ---from the Lakeshore Fiber Arts Guild) and my art friends and friends in general have nagged me to get back to it.  So, I thought over the course of the next week I'm going to do posts that bring you, and me, up to date on what I've been doing the past 2 years.  There has been a lot and I'm proud of what I've accomplished and look forward to telling you about it.

By the way, because I can't yet figure out how to edit the banner up above so I can put my website address in it, check it out at www.JenniferGouldDesigns.com, especially the Home page which has my shows, exhibits and talks coming up, and Art Dolls section illustrates all the different types of pieces I do.

If you're in the West Michigan area and you're interested in our fiber arts guild, go to our blog at http://lakeshorefiberartsguild.blogspot.com.  This group and its loyal members have been an important part of my life for the last 34 years.  I can't believe it's been that long but our guild celebrated last night with cake, pictures and memorabilia on the wall, and the speaker last night, Margaret Jager ("Small Looms") who will become the next Michigan League of Handweavers president in August at the biennial conference.  MLH has been an important influence on my artistic life for almost as long.  Through exhibits, workshops, and encouragement from fellow textile artists, I have learned so much and look forward to seeing a lot of friends I only see once a year at conference in August (at Hope College, Holland MI---my alma mater, by the way).  Check out their website and the upcoming conference workshops/seminars at www.MLHguild.org.

The piece above is one I  just finished as a challenge for the Surface Design Association (SDA) mini-group here in Michigan (another really great group at www.surfacedesign.org).  We were each sent a piece of yellow dyed fabric from Susie Krage in Detroit and had to use at least half of it somehow in a piece.  This is the first non-sculptural, flat piece I've done in years.  More on it in another post and details.  Hope you'll be listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment